COVID-19 CORONA VIRUS
Update on International ME Conference Week 2021
Conference Week News - COVID-19
A statement from Invest in ME Research regarding the International ME Conference Week events in London in May 2021.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to disrupt plans for arranging our conference week events and restrictions are still in place for all.
As these effects from the pandemic continue then we are revising plans for the International ME Conference Week 2021 that was scheduled to be held in London in May 2021.
As in many countries the healthcare services in UK have been overwhelmed and continue to be challenged.
Planning any event continues to be very difficult - with travel restrictions imposed by academic and research institutes and the closure of borders around the world inhibiting many delegates and speakers from planning any travel.
Therefore, due to the continuing and escalating consequences from this serious situation, the charity has made the following decisions:-
- The May 2021 BRMEC10 research Colloquium will be replaced by a virtual meeting to be held on the same planned dates - Wednesday 2nd June - Thursday 3rd June 2021.
- We are looking into replacing the May 2021 IIMEC15 International ME Conference with a virtual meeting.
- The planned International ME Clinicians Conference for the 25th May 2021 (IMECC1) will be moved to another date - to be determined in discussions.
- We are very pleased to announce that we have arranged the International ME Conference Week 2022 which we hope will be a set of in-person events.
The 2022 will see the biggest research Colloquium ever (BRMEC11) stretching over three days, and followed by the public IIMEC16 International ME Conference. The research Colloquium will take place over Tuesday 17th to Thursday 19th May 2022, with the public conference (IIMEC16) being held on Friday 20th May 2022.
- We will continue to monitor the situation and if an opportunity occurs to arrange an earlier date for BRMEC11 and IIMEC16 then then we will inform everybody.
- In the meantime we will also continue to support the meetings of the European ME Research Group (EMERG) - both virtual and physical (when possible).
The Invest in ME Research Colloquiums and Conferences are international events and always have been - spanning fifteen years since the charity was formed - and we hope that it will not be long before we can once again welcome delegates to London in Person.
Use the boxes below to find more details of ME Conference Week 2021 events - and we will keep these pages updated with more information as we have it.
Invest in ME Research
REVISED CONFERENCE WEEK EVENTS 2021
Due to the pandemic the International ME Conference Week events in London for 2021 have been revised. Use the links below for more details about each event.
International ME Clinicians Conference 2021
10th Biomedical Research into ME Colloquium - for researchers.
15th International ME Conference